Wednesday, November 21, 2007

When Jon Stewart Blows Your Mind...

So I'm watching the Daily Show right now.  It's a re-run but I haven't seen this one before...which is a pretty rare occasion.

So anyway...Barack Obama is on the show.  And I'm listening to his voice.  And his tone.  And his language.  And it BLOWS MY FUCKING MIND.

He speaks with ELOQUENCE!  He uses words like "quagmire" and "Iraq" without sounding like a damn fool.  And it blows my mind BECAUSE all I can think about is..."so WHY didn't we get this before??"  And suddenly I'm reminded of why I so often fail to identify with America.  BECAUSE IT IS FUCKING CRAZY.  [I know, it is a little bit late to have this realization, but bear with me here]  How is it that we have this president that can't speak, while a man so much younger than him is not only a great speaker, but can carry on intelligent conversation that ISN'T written out for him.  Wow.  Growing up under the Bush regime has certainly been a ride, and you know what?  I'm just so ecstatic for it to be over.

The only thing I'm going to miss about old Bushie is that I'm no longer going to be able to laugh whenever the president opens his [or her!] mouth.  Oh well, I guess I'll have to go buy another Dane Cook album.

No comments: