Monday, November 19, 2007

So What Now?

Feeling old is nothing new to me.  I just feel old.  Not in the achy boned, denture glued, hip replaced way that actual old people do.  But old in the way that makes me feel young.  Which doesn't make sense.  But on the way to my desk chair I stubbed my toe and it hurts.  So please forgive my nonsense.

Okay.  So today is November 19th.  The memorial day of a girl I never knew.  Lesley Carrion.  I never even got to meet you, and yet I feel like I know you.  It's an oddity that I will never grow accustomed to.  It's weird for me to tell your sister: we will never  forget you.  Because I don't have any memories to forget.  Isn't it weird how you can love someone on a leap of faith?  I don't know, I think it is.

My toe still hurts.

Anyway, back to my first point.  I feel old.  I just registered for driver's education online.  Which should make me feel young...I mean, most of my friends already drive and have cars and everything.  But it makes me feel old.  Not in a way that makes me want to go buy a power chair, but in a way that makes me excited.  I'm going to drive.  (Just like in the song by Dispatch!)

That's all.

No comments: