Wednesday, April 9, 2008

crispy, crispy benjamin franklin

so someone told me not so long ago that he is a sucker for acceptance. at first, i thought...eh, that's a little weird. especially in his case. but then it kind of started to make sense. right now is the final stretch leading into nfty elections. of course, i tell that to anyone except for a select group of maybe 200 people and it means nothing. no one knows what it is. even my own parents don't really get it. it's not just acceptance. it's not a cult, it's not a place for jews to hook up or smoke pot. it's just being who you are and finding people who love you. it's like that textbook definition of family. which is why i understand his need for acceptance. because i can't imagine my life without my nfty family. because i know they love me no matter what, and i can hardly say that about most people at school. and hell only knows, if i didn't have that unconditional love, i might have to start caring about what people at school think. i might have to buy a juicy couture jacket.

so really, world, what i'm trying to tell you is this: a craving for acceptance is not as weird as i previously thought. and i'm just so ready to get back into the arms of my love, nfty. yes, that's tacky, but there will never be a time in which my life isn't tacky.
http://www.juf.org/uploadedImages/Teens/logo_nfty.gif

No comments: